Girls Head band [[D.I.Y]]





HEllo hello! Today I finally made time to make my baby girl her head band for her professional pictures that she will soon be taking. I love the new look of big flowers on tiny heads because it makes a statement. Awhile ago we went to the mall with the attempt of finding  head band that I visioned in my head. I seriously looked at all the stores at the mall and either the head band was too big around her head or the flower didn't pop out as much as I wanted it to. I did see some at another store days later but it was $6+ and not in the color I wanted. So i took it into my own hands to make some myself. like the saying goes "If you want something done right, do it yourself" All the materials I purchased totaled up to $3 per head band. My materials were purchased at Beverly's ( a crafts & fabrics store). You can  find most of these materials at your local fabric or crafts store.

Materials
*Glue gun & 2 glue sticks
*elastic ribbon (your choice )
*flower (your choice)
*one sheet of felt (any color)
*gems[optional] make sure to secure any gems to avoid choking with small children.



sheet of felt


spring flower


elastic ribbon (measure it to the childs size)




 trace a circle on the felt

it will look something like this
trace another one
cut out the circle
hot glue one side ( preferably the side that was traced)
cut the stem off the flower (as close as possible)
should look something like this
attach the hot glued side to the flower
place elastic ribbon on top of the felt
grab the other circle
hot glue one side of the felt
evenly attach on top of the band
glue each edge of the ribbon

fold over the edges one time


Glue both edges together
 
allow it to cool down and have your lil ones wear them




side view
make sure it is not too tight
lol. my doll
                               Hope you ladies found this helpful and that you give it a try .
                                                                   XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainforest cafe ( San Francisco)

MInimalism & why it works for us

For the Cars Fans