[Hoot hoot] make your own owl goodie bag

Hello my awesome viewers!
Halloween is just around the corner. My favorite Holiday as a child I remember being so excited to go trick-or-treating that I would loose sleep at night . lol.* memories* =) well now as a parent its one of the many holidays that give me a reason to make something fun and cute for my kids class. I made 28 of these adorable owls last year for my sons class Halloween party. IT was a great success the parents loved it they couldn't believe I made them all and of course the little kids liked them as well. Hope some of you give it a try and if you do let me know how it went.Remember you can change up the colors they don't necessarily need to be the ones i used, use your imagination and have lots of fun! XOXO- Erin

What you will need
I bought all the materials at my local fabric store. They sold the felt by the yard.
plastic eyes
scissors
hot glue/gun
permanent marker



 
                                    Make the shape or simply Print this one out.
                                   (you can fix anything that seems uneven )




1.Buy 5 different color of felt the thicker the better
2. Cut the pattern out and trace it to the back of the felt (one for each side)
3.&4. (If the felt is not  thick enough glue two pieces of felt together and cut the shape out)


5. Cut two strips of felt as thick as you want it
6. Glue the two pieces together
7. Glue the edge of the strips
8. Quickly glue to the owl pattern edges



9. Apply the hot glue to the other edge of the strip
10.Grab the other pattern and carefully place it evenly on the edges until it sticks
11. Let it glue cool down and set



                Handle
12. Cut a strip of felt as long as you want for the handle
13. Hot glue the inside of the strip evenly
14. Carefully but quickly fold the felt in half & press down until the glue sets evenly
15. Apply glue at each tip of the strip and attach it to the interior of the bag

16. Once the handle glue has been set check to see if it holds good.
17. Glue the eyes on. all you need is 2 different size circles. the plastic eyes
glue the beak on, all I used for the beak was a piece of left over felt and cut it into a triangle .


Hope you give this project a try. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainforest cafe ( San Francisco)

MInimalism & why it works for us

For the Cars Fans